GENESIS 1-29

HE AQUI QUE OS HE DADO PLANTA QUE DA SEMILLA,QUE ESTA SOBRETODA LA TIERRA , Y TODO ARBOL EN QUE HAY FRUTO Y QUE DA SEMILLA: OS SERAN PARA COMER.

miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

Green smoothie for babies

Green Smoothies for Babies

Victoria Boutenko is my mother in law and she asked me to give some advice on giving green smoothies to children. I started my little one, Nicolas, on green smoothies when he was 6 months old, he is now 5 1/2. I continued to nurse him until he was a year old. He began green smoothies by having a small amount in a 'sippy cup' once or twice a day before feeding, then he would finish off with breast milk. He grew to really like it and demand his sippy cup at feeding time. I kept the ingredients very simple and alternated between baby spinach and kale (don't just go with spinach for a long stretch because it can actually be too much iron for the baby) plus always a banana because it gives a great consistency and mango is great too, then I add water. I did ask my pediatrician (as I was a new mommy) who confirmed that it was ok to feed such a young child raw greens, as long as the spinach was alternated with the kale.
green smoothie children Green Smoothies for BabiesFrom my experience, the green smoothie is the best possible thing you can get/give because it is so healthy and is immediately absorbed into the system. Being a liquid makes it easier to digest as well as starting your little one on the life long path towards eating well. My family is not raw, but we know that by having the green smoothies, we are able to at least get the kids (we have two now) that extra boost of nutrients that are sometimes so hard to get into their daily diet. Plus it gets them used to eating "green". I don't know why but kids don't seem to have a natural attraction to the color when it is in food yet it IS the most healthy! icon wink Green Smoothies for Babies I really believe it is because we started Nic on smoothies at 6 months of age that he hardly ever gets ill. Our daughter Lily now asks for them regularly too and she too is in excellent health!
Good luck to all the parents out there!

Over Coming the Food Imprint

Learn about food imprints created when a baby first comes off breast milk in this clip from Valya's film about helping children to be healthy.

Green Smoothie Recipes for Babies

I can't believe this is good for me smoothie
By Marina Gadkikh (from Green Smoothie Revolution)
2 ripe mangoes, peeled
1 ripe peach
8 leaves of romaine lettuce
2-3 cups of water

Basic Balance1 ripe mango, peeled
1 cup kale
1 cup water

Baby Love
2 bananas
1 pear
1 cup Kale
1/2 cup water

My First Green Smoothie
1 banana
1/2 apple
1 cup spinach
1-2 cups water

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario